Monday, November 22, 2010

Whew!

I thought I was being super efficient today. I got the kids dressed and chores done in record time. By 9:30 I got grocery shopping for the week done, the dishes done, laundry humming, the next month of preschool planned.....and then the phone rang.

It was some random lady with a bit of an accent calling me by name. "I think you left your wallet in a cart in the Target parking lot." ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Could you take it to customer service? I'll be right there."

Our Target is super ghetto. I see empty boxes and open on the shelves all the time where people have simple stolen the product. In fact, once I accidentally BOUGHT an empty box. The likelihood that an honest person found my wallet, would take the time to look up my phone number, call me, and then secure the wallet at customer service is quite slim. But that's what she did. She even called me back a half hour later to make sure I had recovered it.

Blessings upon your head Good Woman!

Perhaps even better than getting my wallet back it provided a great teaching moment for my children who were very interested in the fact that someone had the opportunity to take something that wasn't theirs, but chose to do the right thing.

I'll definitely be remembering this act of service as our family celebrates Thanksgiving this year.


3 comments: