Sunday, April 10, 2011

Star Struck




When I was a senior in high school, I asked a local random stylist at my local SuperCuts for "The Rachel". Instead, I got "The Carol Brady".


I was stubborn and fought the hair for several months until one night when I was lifeguarding an almost empty pool. I complained about my hair to my friend Laura who solved the problem by bobbing my hair with a pair of blunt pool-office scissors.  The resulting bob was pretty cute, but I always wished I'd left my long hair alone in the first place.





I didn't learn my lesson, though...Here are some of the other celeb styles I've taken to my hair stylist:

 Looks great on my sister, but not me.
Did I realize curls in straight hair requires DRYING and CURLING it EVERY DAY?  Even still, the cut I got bore no resemblance.

I asked for Posh's hair, and I got a bob, but my hair ended just below my cheekbone. Stacking in the back?  None.

I tried for this hair, but the stylist did not tell me that my thick hair would poof up and prompt my best friend's mom to say (and I quote): "I never realized how much you looked like your brother before."  Siiiiiiigh.  As an aside, this cut did induce me to start wearing more make-up, feminine clothes and even pierce my ears (at least until my dad found out), so it did do good things for my feminine appearance in the long run.




I realized the big problem here is that I don't have a celebrity face to go with the hair.  So, this last weekend, I went to the stylist and using my old grad school ID, I asked for a repeat of one of the best haircuts I've had.  A slightly longer than shoulder length cut with just a few layers and a bit a face framing.  What did I get?  The Rachel.

6 comments:

  1. So the question is.... can you make it work? At least hair grows out and you get the chance to try all over in a few weeks if you want.

    I have always had a hard time finding someone I really like to cut my hair.... and then once I did it seems as though 1 of 2 things happen. They move or I do!

    Maybe you can take the opportunity to live out a youthful dream of The Rachel cut!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh!!! How many times have I wished for celebrity hair and only later realized that I don't have the celebrity face! YIKES! I have always liked your blunt bobs. Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I can make it work, Luna: it's still long enough for a ponytail! Or if I'm really lazy a half-pulled-through-the-band pony knot. :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you too Kelly! And you do too have a celeb-worthy face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm, that best friend's mom does happen to be named holly, does she?

    Too funny! I think you've always looked great!! And soooo much prettier than David. :)

    ReplyDelete